Sunday, November 13, 2011

Oh How We Need Jesus

Lately I have really been seeing my need of Jesus. So often I try to be my own Savior or even someone else's. I look to do things in my own strength. I try to fight sin in my own strength, make right choices in my own strength, love others and my family in my own strength. And every time every effort in my own strength falls flat. This is because I desperately need Jesus....ALWAYS. And really, I am thankful for all these things that show me that I am a great sinner in need of a GREAT Savior. This is part of a prayer in Valley of Vision and I think it says what I feel quite nicely, "O let me never lose sight of my need of a Saviour, or forget that apart from him I am nothing, and can do nothing." Yes, I am desperate and needy. And that is a really good place to be. I NEED the help of the Holy Spirit. I NEED to remember that I am adopted as a child of the One True God not by any goodness in me but because God is rich in mercy and loved me when I was his enemy. I NEED to remember Jesus, Emanuel--God with us, who came, loved, lived, died, and rose again so that I may have life to the fullest IN HIM. I NEED to daily remember the Gospel.
The Word of God is rich and penetrating, sharper than any two edged sword. It is the weapon I hold that transforms my heart and instructs me in the way I am to walk. This excerpt from Daily Light was really helpful to my heart. I will leave with it.
October 31
"Not by might, nor by power, but by my Spirit says the LORD of hosts."

Who has measured the Spirit of the LORD, or what man shows him his counsel?---God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise; God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong; God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are, so that no human being might boast in the presence of God.

"The wind blows where is wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit."---Born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God."

"My Spirit remains in your midst. Fear not." ---The battle is not yours but God's."---"The LORD saves not with sword and spear. For the battle is the LORDS's."

ZECH. 4:6. ISA 40:13. 1 COR. 1:27-29. JOHN 3:8. JOHN 1:13 HAG. 2:5 2 CHORN. 20:15 1 SAM. 17:47

No comments:

Post a Comment